Wednesday, October 1, 2008


Some good things to report and one not good. First with the not good: Beau has some kind of cold or allergy that is making him congested. Thank goodness I opted for really good pet insurance--although I still have to pay the vet bill upfront...at least it will be reimbursed. So, I take him in tomorrow. It's a really fabulous vet--they even offer acupuncture for your pet. Hilarious.

Now for some good stuff. It's official--the contract is being drawn up as we speak--I am starting my own Reiki business a few evenings a week. Cool, right? It will be on the side from my full-time job as Office Coordinator (AKA what pays the bills) but it will be a good experience, I think. I'm certified all the way to Reiki Master and Teacher as of August so I'm good to go. Of course, I have to register my company--already have the web domain but need to make it legal as far as a small business goes. I've named my company "Remedy Reiki" and am using blogspot.com as my webpage until probably next month. But, I wanted to have something up. REMEDY REIKI

A friend of mine is going to do my website and will be paid in Reiki Treatments. Awesome. Oh, and the place I am renting from is offering me a superb rate ($120 a month) to rent the room for several evenings and Sunday each week. That is a STELLAR deal. The reason it's so low is because A: It's a new wellness center in need of practioners such as Reiki and Massage. B: They have several Yoga instructors renting the space to teach classes which lowers the rent. Oh, here is the website for the center (it's under construction still but will give you an idea.)

For those who don't know, Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) is an ancient form of Japanese healing where the practioner is attuned to the Reiki energy (Universal Life Force Energy) and is able to channel it using her hands and with symbols. Sound hokey? Well, it's real. And becoming more and more mainstream. I was a little cyncial at first, but can't be that way now...after feeling the energy heat up my hands (and having people confirm the heat, feel of energy and healing ability Reiki has had on them) Scientific studies have been done showing the healing effects of it (both emotional and physical) and many massage therapy schools now offer Reiki classes. I with their curriculum. Interested in more info? Check out this website for some FAQ's

I of course will share more of my experiences with Reiki as I start this practice. I admit, I'm nervous, and plan on studying up some more about the best way of using Reiki to help my future clients. Also, I'm getting a headshot or two taken to make my website appear as professional as possible. The thing of it is...some pracitioners may not be as serious about it as others and I want to show I care and all that. :-) Oh, and I don't "open for business" until November 1st. I still have to get insurance (same as massage therapists do) and buy some other supplies. Check out this cool timer--specific for Reiki!


Anyway, Reiki is a beautiful thing and I should be using it more on myself. I do use it on Beau once in a while and he immediately starts to close his eyes and drift off to sleep. Really cute.

Next good thing in my life: I've made the decision to transfer from Metro State in Denver to the University of Denver (DU) next semester. Wahoo! Yes, it will be harder, yes it is way more pricey, but in the long run it's a better school which equals better education. 'Nuff said.

To end with, here are the "principles of REiki as created many, many moons ago by Dr. Usui

The Five Reiki Principles

BY DR.MIKAO USUI


I - Just for today, I will not be angry.

II - Just for today, I will not worry.

III - Just for today, I will be grateful.

IV - Just for today, I will do my work honestly.

V- Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.

No comments: