Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pet Food


Yesterday I literally ran to the grocery store to pick up some things before it got too dark-- (I walk most places and try to do so when it is safely bright outside). By the time I got home I realized I forgot to buy more cat food for Aria--she only had a few pieces left in her bowl.

At this point it was dark, I was tired ( already having worked all day, gone to the gym and gone clothes shopping as well). So, I had no intention of stepping foot out of my apartment again. So, I thought, hey, Aria is always eating the puppy food anyway--why not just put some in her bowl to tie her over (she free-feeds--and is a bit of a pig, if truth be told)? So, I poured some of Beau's "Chicken Soup for the Puppy Soul" dry dog food into her bowl and went about the rest of my evening.

Okay--of COURSE I'm going to buy Aria some more cat food--so don't misunderstand me, but as any multi-pet owner might wonder--Is there a pet food out there that is for both dogs and cats? I would be interested in finding one as it would save me $$ and time from not having to buy two kinds of food for two kinds of pets. The thing is, as a general rule, I usually buy really good cat and dog food for my animals. Either purchased at Whole Foods or a pet store boutique--so they have NO fillers or by-products, and are usually all-natural or organic. So even if such a multiple pet food exists I doubt I would buy it unless it offered qualities such as I just listed. But, I thought I would throw the question out there---maybe it does exist?

No comments: