Sunday, October 12, 2008

Okay--so, as everyone knows, when you add pets to your family, especially kittens and puppies, they are bound to destroy a few things. Well, with my cat, Aria, it has been pretty mild...she is pretty well behaved other than the daily knocking down of whatever item she feels like off tables and counters. But, like I said, for the most part, she does little damage. Beau, on the other hand, as a puppy, is a disaster creating machine at times. Of course, part of it is teething and all that, but I was not prepared for his ability to destroy an item very quickly. So, just for the sake of seeing what damage has really happened, I decided to make a list. I probably will miss a few items, but it will give you an idea of what a pet can do---grant it....I love love love my animals, but there is give and take in everything, right?

DAMAGE TOLL:

Beau

1 Pair of $50 Express Jeans---chewed holes in the crotch--yes, ha ha, but not really

1 Pair of $80 Express Jeans--only 2 weeks old--chewed massive hole in crotch---again

2 L'Octaine Lip glosses at $ 9 each--Aria knocked them onto the floor to their doom of Beau's teeth. They make a lovely team! Urg.

2 Pairs of Victoria's Secret panties ($12 each)--same as the jeans--what is with this dog!

1 tube of MAC concealer--$20--Again, Aria knocked onto the floor from make-up table.

1 $25 bath rug--pooped and peed on it several times--had to throw away

2 bath rugs--$15 total (didn't want to throw away money if he destroyed them)--ripped them apart--nice


Aria

3 pairs of $25 headphones--chewed the wires through
2 Phone chargers at $30 each--again, chewed the wires through
1 Stereo speaker--$40--chewed the wires through (see a pattern yet?)
1 Ann Taylor Loft shirt at $20--jumped on me while I was wearing it and proceed to let her claws slide down the back--lovely--and painful!


Okay--so let's total this out:

Beau-
$232

Aria-
$165

Looks like Beau has caused the most damage--and in only 2 months! Very impressive. Oh well...I guess that's the way it goes with puppies. I still love him to pieces, but wish he would stop tearing my belongings into pieces!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the wires.... If you spray bitter apple spray (available at various pet stores) Aria will stop chewing through them. You have to spray the whole wire though. Eventually, they learn not to chew through them and you don't have to spray it on wires anymore.
~T

The Little's said...

Whew! Sadly...this is why we got rid of our dog. I know, I know...but I couldn't take the chewing anymore. My daughter is begging for another, but we'll see what happens...sometimes I think I just can't afford it!!

The Highland Hill's said...

i think crotchless panties and pants could work w/ fashion now days...