Thursday, October 30, 2008

Prayers

I thought I would put up this post because I have told several people about my "on-line prayer secret" and thought this post could be a helpful tool to anyone else who wants to try this.

I, like most people with some religious background, pray for myself, family, friends, etc. Sometimes, though, I feel like I need an extra "boost" of prayer to the heavens to help my cause ;-). There are a few prayer lines out there that use "Affirmative Prayer" such as the World Ministry of Prayer and Unity Churches. I came across these on accident awhile ago. While scanning their websites some time ago, I noticed they had "online prayer requests". I was pretty excited! I could have the ease of typing in my prayer request and pressing send and have people pray for my intentions. My belief has always been that if you petition God enough He has to listen, right ;-)?

This sparked an idea--well, if they have a prayer request page online other churches have to as well, right? So I googled "prayer request" and BAM! pages and pages of sites came up. One by one I picked some I liked and put in my prayer request. I would copy my request from another site and paste it into the next---it was actually kind of fun! I would do several sites---ones that looked legitimate and promising to me and on the ones that listed the prayers on their site, I would sometimes pause and pray for those on the list as well. I figured I should do the same of others--the whole Golden Rule thing.

Anyway, I just recently told some people about my little online praying secret--and thought I would post some of the sites I use. It doesn't hurt to try and I think the more prayers the better, right? And for you scientific buffs, numerous studies have shown that prayer works. So there ;-) Besides, my background tells me (LDS) that putting your name or others names on the prayer rolls in the LDS temples is a good thing to do--so I think there is definitely something to this.

Here are some of the sights. Some of these are strictly prayer sites and others are "healing" sites where people of different backgrounds send you healing intentions. Pretty cool. Enjoy!

P.S. I STRONGLY recommend filling out your email address when given the option on these sites--many times they send you an uplifting message by the person who prayed for you-



Silent Unity


Fellowship Prayer Council (Prayer done by Nuns and Monks)


St. Anthony's Shrine (Catholic)

Benny Hinn Ministries (Christian--not sure of denomination)

CrossWalk (Christian, non-denominational)

Free Distance Reiki Healing (Btw--just ask me and I can do this for you!)

Free Johrei Healing (I don't know what this is, but looks interesting)

Science of Mind Prayer Treatment (Ever heard of "The Secret"--these churches live it as a way of life and pray with it in mind...pretty cool)

United Methodist Church prayer request

Buddhist Monk Prayer Request

Lithonia Church of Christ


and had to throw in something to do with angels

12Angel.com prayer board

As you can see there are a lot out there--just google "prayer request" or similar and have fun!

:-)

No comments: