Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another Sunday--a new week on the horizon...


I've had a pretty unproductive weekend--if truth be told. Don't get me wrong, I definitely did a lot of thinking about what I should be doing (homework, cleaning, etc) but didn't get much done. Wait, I did get grocery shopping done and a couple loads of laundry--so guess it wasn't that unproductive. And Beau was happy to get two nice long walks this weekend--with the beautiful weather (mid 70s) I figured I should take advantage of it, and heaven knows that a nice walk in the sunshine is good for the spirits, right?

Anyway, I love love LOVE taking baths--especially bubble baths, and thought today it would be nice to take one to do some mediating and relaxing. For those who may not know, I've done research and read a book here and there on shamanism. It is fascinating stuff! With all the reading and googling of information I actually learned how to do a shamanic journey on my own. Sounds like complicated stuff, but once you learn how to do it, it gets easier and easier each time you practice it. I like to do a quick shamanic journey now and again while I'm soaking in the tub.

I also downloaded some Shamanic Drumming tracks onto my I-Pod and use that as the background to go into my journey. It's a lot like a guided meditation only you let what ever comes up in your mind be your guide. This is a gateway to your "Higher Self" and you can get great insight through it. I've met my power animals this way...one was a wolf and the other, an Eagle. When I met the Eagle he looked at me and said, "Well, what did you expect with a last name like FOWLer" Hilarious. Not surprising, though, since laughter is something I appreciate.

Anyway, today, when I did my shamanic journey, I decided to ask some questions about my finances, among other things. I was guided behind a waterfall into a door--down spiraling stairs into the "Lower World" and then back up a rope, through the clouds and into a light and happy place in the "Upper World"--there I met with a guide of mine and a dwarf of some sort. (Writing this makes me smile....) I asked my guide (she was in a white, hooded-robe and had blonde hair) how to better get my finances in order. She told me to write everything down that I spend so I could analyze what was going on, to give myself a break and relax a little more and to trust that my new Reiki business will eventually "lighten the load" and give me more income to do what I want.

I also asked questions about my credit score (I paid off a debt in August and then suddenly my score dropped a lot...I was freaking out! ) and then this is where I wished I would have kept a notepad and pen by me as I cannot remember what she said. Blast! Guess I will have to journey again or hope it shows up later in a dream.

So, that has been my weekend. Btw---if anyone has any fabulous credit score raising tips, I'm all ears! I'm hoping to get my score exactly where it needs to be in time to close on my home in February. Oh, and of course, if you feel like praying for me, please do! I appreciate all the help I can get.

Happy Sunday and have a lovely week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend the book below as a way to get your finances in order. It discusses credit scores in depth.

There are several reasons it could have dropped when you paid off a bunch of debt. One, did you close the account when you paid it off? If you have a card for, say, 10 years and you close the account. All that great history of you paying on time goes with it, which drops your score. The other reason is more complicated. It has to do with your debt to credit ratio. You can read more about that online or in this book. See below:

http://www.amazon.com/Money-Book-Young-Fabulous-Broke/dp/1573222976

Best,
~T

The Highland Hill's said...

If you keep all your credit cards at 33%...and spend and pay off...your score will go up...

Also search Lexington Law Firm, its a Utah based company that fights negative marks on your credit score...

I filed bankruptcy in July 2006 and my score is up over 700 now...my wifes is well over 750...they do great work...a little expensive but definitely worth it...

Also you can up your score really quick by getting a credit limit increase...as long as you don't put any more on that credit card your score will jump...