Monday, September 15, 2008

Art


As most people know, I take public transportation to get around Denver, and luckily it's not too bad around here to do so. I had a doctor's appt to get some blood drawn today to see if I had a gluten allergy. After I had my blood taken for testing I walked back to the bus stop to wait for the next bus to my office area. As I was sitting and chilling out to my I-Pod a nice black guy sat next to me and started asking me questions. I answered his inquiries about if I was a student, etc. and then he flipped through a book of sketches ( I couldn't see them clearly as he did this) and mentioned he is studying art at the same school as myself. Again, nothing weird here to set off red flags.

FInally, the bus arrives and I get on. As we get close to his stop he gets my attention (again, I'm listening to my I-pod so I was in my own little world). He asks me if I would like a piece of his artwork. Ummm....ok. I smiled. Awkwardly, I'm sure. I mean, how do you answer that? He tears out a piece of a charcoal filled page from his sketch book. I fold it in half and smile at the person next to me...again, awkwardly. Not to be rude, I wait until he gets off the bus to put it in my bag, and just laughed inside. I scanned in the picture so you can understand why I was laughing. This is a classic. The picture is above. Umm...what the ? Not that I could do much better, but I don't think he is really an Art major.

I seem to attract very interesting people.....

No comments: