Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Answer!


I stumbled across this website when I was perusing one of my many magazines (I must get close to 10 delivered to me every month...I love it). It's a website for a company called "Scientific Match" that like many of the companies such as E-Harmony and Chemistry.com, offers personality matching to help you find your mate, but unlike these companies, adds a scientific "twist". They take samples of your DNA (they send you a kit and you take swabs from the inside of your cheeks (in you mouth, duh). And then these swabs are analyzed to find certain information about your DNA, particularly your immune system...and then they match you others of the opposite sex who would be a good match according to your DNA, cool huh? And, it's actually backed by science. Some of the studies they refer you to are ones I'm familiar with from school. Here's the catch, though, it's not cheap. Try $1000! And that is the SALE price. Normally it is $2000! But you have a lifetime membership, which I guess is supposed to make you feel better about blowing that much cash, but hey, what would you pay to find your soul mate?

Anyway, at least, if I get really desperate, I have options....do you think they take payment plans?? tee-hee.

No comments: