Thursday, August 28, 2008

DNC-DAY 3&4

Okay--so technically the DNC ended yesterday, phew, right? But alas, no...it's still its own kind of madness in the downtown area...the area I have to go through to make it to the office. Total pain in the you know what to get around. I just wanted to scream today, "Go home already!"

Again, nothing big to report. On a different note, I ran into (or rather walked by) that hot dog vendor guy again and he seemed *very* excited to see me and of course gave me an ice-cold Sprite along with a napkin to hold it with. The two cops...I think perhaps SWAT team members actually (there was a protest nearby that just got over) both smiled as they saw the "service" I got. Hilarious!

Other than lots of cops, state troopers (mmm...some very hot ones, too boot!) and SWAT team members roaming the city...not much to report. I guess the Hard Rock Cafe was surrounded by large crowds today as some celebrity was dining there. Pathetic. I'm just ready for everyone to get the hell out of our beautiful city already so life can go back to normal!

No comments: