Monday, August 25, 2008

DNC-Day 1

Most of the world knows (unless of course you have been hiding under a rock) that the Democratic National Convention is taking place in Denver this week. Our office, as kind of a knee-jerk reaction, is closed for the week because of it. Since we're in the heart of downtown it seemed like a smart thing to do. Which means we're all working from home this week. Unfortunately, as I am the only office admin, I have to come in to get the mail and all that, but am allowed to work from home as well. So, I've actually been here quite awhile today and have been able to see what is going on for the DNC.

Nothing very exciting has happened (like I thought), but I did run into a protest---with SWAT teams and everything(!) on the 16th Street Mall. It was some crazy, right-wing, Anti-Gay religious group. Sad, that people are so crazy about that kind of stuff. Live and let live! And of course, there was a guy with a huge poster about Jesus Saving (which I believe in) but he was condemning anyone who believed differently than him. He was asking people in the crowd if they were "saved" and then if you answered to the contrary (one gentleman said he was an atheist) well, you got a few scriptures and some damning words. Gee whiz, people, lead by example, I say.

So, that's my report for the day.

No comments: