Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Looking towards the future---



On a totally different topic--for those of you who know me you are aware that after I graduate from college I plan on getting further training to teach at a Waldorf/Steiner school. I love the philosophy behind these private schools and want to be a part of that. I NEVER thought I would want to be a teacher, but it seems to be in my blood (both Mom, Dad and assorted Aunts, Uncles and Cousins are teachers) and I should just stop fighting it.

So, I have to figure out where I want to be trained. There are lots of options---both in the U.S. and abroad. I kept thinking I wanted to learn at the Melbourne Steiner school in Australia, but it always felt kind of off. I really want to live abroad for awhile so I have continued to look at other options. Since I want to learn in English (duh) that quickly narrowed down my choices. Leaving only Ireland and England. Ireland has very few teacher's education choices so I took a look at glorious old England. I'm leaning towards Emerson College which is outside London, but in a cool rural area. Looking at the lifestyle out there it looks great! I e-mailed the school today to ask about accommodations for myself and my pets (nope I am NOT leaving them behind) so I will wait and see what they have to say. A picture of the school is above.

Another interesting note--the school is located near where Winnie the Pooh stories were set to--as in the "Hundred Acre Wood" and all that. Very fun and fairy-tale like, but still near a real city just by train. Hmm....will have to think about this one. It would definitely be an adventure!

No comments: