Tuesday, August 5, 2008

And the winner is....


So my friend (and co-worker), Cassie, kindly took me out to lovely Aurora, CO (blah) to pick out the puppy I want to take home.

The foster mom was very kind (and she was very lovely, too, I don't know why that surprised me...) and we got to see the 3 puppies she was fostering. They were all siblings, but they all looked very different. They came from a litter of 7! Wow! Anyway, it was a choice between the two boys (featured below) and a little female puppy named Izzy. They were all yapping like crazy when we first approached them in the backyard, but when we separated them out they were fine. Izzy was very sweet and cute, but little Beau (Pictured Above) was great! He was about 7 lbs so not too too small and when Cassie picked him up he started drifting off to sleep...so he's pretty docile. Although I think that might be a puppy thing--the whole napping at a moment's notice. That did it, though (that and the fact that even the foster mom's husband wished they could keep him so he must be great!).

Helen, the foster mom said his temperament would do well with my cat, too, so we seemed like a good match. I told Helen I would be back to pick him up and take him home(!) this Friday after work. That way I would have the whole weekend to be with him and make sure the introduction to my darling kitty, Aria, goes smoothly. I am very excited!


No comments: