Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The New Family

So, I really need to get a digital camera--it's just never been high on my priority list, but now I really want to start posting more pictures (of Beau, my new puppy for one). I guess it will go on my shopping list.

So I apologize for the lack of pictures--there have been lots of requests for pics of Bo-Bo (my nick name for Beau) and I will put some up as soon as I get a camera. In the meantime, you will just have to imagine how cute he is :-).

Anyway, so I was lying in bed reading the other day ("Breaking Dawn" for those who didn't already guess) and was surrounded by my 10 lb tuxedo cat, Aria, on one side and Beau snuggled up close (as always) on the other. I had to smile at what a funny little family I have right now. I realize some people (typically married with kids folks) roll their eyes when you say your animals are your family, but to those who have a family pet, they REALLY are. I don't really think of my little animals as my "children" but rather an extension of a loving family that belongs to me. I definitely want kids someday, but for now, this is fun and fine for me.

Beau is still really trying to adjust. He has really attached himself to me and is a little snuggle-bunny when allowed to be so. Unfortunately, he has had a difficult time on walks---he will walk and then stop whenever a stranger is in sight. He is getting better, and I know it takes time, but my heart breaks for him. I'm doing my best to catch up on reading regarding training dogs. I have found the "Dog Whisperer's" website and have found helpful information there. I have faith that in time, and with patience and work, Beau will be a happy and well balanced puppy. But, in the meantime, you're all free to add him (and Me!) in your prayers.

No comments: