Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Puppy!

I'm hoping to get a new puppy soon (don't worry, Mom...I even discussed this idea with my therapist and she thinks it's a great idea). I've been "approved to adopt" by a rescue organization here in Denver and have been waiting for a puppy of a new litter to be weaned and 'fixed'. I have requested a male puppy as I already have a female cat and they are less expensive to adopt anyway. So, I have been corresponding to one of the people from the dog rescue group and the puppies are almost ready. They even have pics of the "boys" up on their site. There are only two male puppies available. Here are the pics and bios:


Beau (male) # 08027
This handsome young fellow's name is Beau. He's a 4 month old Chihuahua mix and weighs 6 lbs. He's very intelligent energetic, playful, and loving. Beau is potty trained and knows how to use a doggie door and puppy pads. Although Beau loves to play, he's a very mild mannered, gentle natured little boy and is easily intimidated by rough play. He loves to snuggle and is very affectionate. Beau is a fantastic listener and very fast learner. He'll make a great addition to any family. Beau is content by himself or with other dogs and children as long as they play nice and aren't too rough!


Marley (male) # 08028
Marley is a 4 month old Chihuahua mix and weighs 10 lbs. Marley is house trained and knows how to use a doggie door. He's very playful and full of energy. Marley has definitely claimed the role of Alpha in our home, not because he's mean or aggressive, but because he's so much larger than his brother and sisters. He was the largest puppy out of his litter of seven, and he still holds the title! Marley loves to play and explore and is very friendly and loving. He loves to play with other dogs and children and would be a great addition to any family.


Both are beautiful, but I'm leaning towards Beau. We'll see. I'm hoping I'll get to take him home in the next few weeks. Plus, I think it will be wonderful to have another loving animal at home...I admit, I get lonely sometimes, and as much as I love my cat, Aria, she's not much of a cuddler!

No comments: