Friday, July 31, 2009

a new addition


(Bunny in the closet and Beau hanging out in his carrier to get a closer look...don't ask he keeps crawling into his carrier, silly puppy)


Out of the blue a few weeks ago, a former co-worker/friend of mine contacted me---I hadn't heard from her in nearly a year, so it was a real surprise. She told me about her plans to go to India to volunteer for the month of August and asked if I could take care of her cat.

Now, now, I know what everyone is thinking...how could someone ask you to do something like that when you haven't heard from her in so long? Yes, I know, but I felt for her situation, and knowing she has been out of work for over a year, that it would be a huge help to her financially, as as an animal lover, wanted to help out.

Long story short: her cat, Bunny, has been at my house for nearly a week now. Just imagine this: I already have a dog and a cat and now I'm adding another cat to the mix. To say the least, it has been interesting. Bunny was in the closet, literally, for the first several days, as she got used to my place, but now is wandering around. Problem is, Bo-Bo doesn't particularly like her. Aria, my cat, is fine now, but Beau really likes to attack Bunny, in the middle of the night. Needless to say, I've had a few nights with disturbed sleep because I had to separate Beau from his new prey: IE Bunny.

So, now I'm worried. I have 5 more weeks of babysitting Bunny---how can I deal with these episodes every night of Beau going after her? I think I might have to call Beau's trainer into this and settle up the situation, "Dog Whisperer style"---

Anyway, Bunny is actually quite sweet. I just wish I could say the same about Beau's feelings towards her.

Well, wish me luck.

No comments: