Thursday, July 2, 2009

the elephant journal


First off, I am very grateful that this is a short work week. My office has July 3rd off for the holiday and today (Thursday) we only have to work till 3 PM--so yay for that!

Well, I have approached an editor of an online magazine/blog called elephantjournal.com that focuses on holistic news, yoga, non-new-agey spirituality, the environment, etc. with an idea for an article on Reiki--and low and behold, they have accepted my proposal!

So, now I actually have to write the thing.

I've been playing with ideas for days and have written down starts and pieces of the article, but have been having a rough time to make things flow (the irony here being that Reiki is a form of energy that easily flows, without effort, but I digress).

This article is a big opportunity for my little Reiki business because it's essentially a free advertisement to a large group of people who are like-minded. Therefore it's important to write a helpful, well-written and informative article that sheds light on Reiki and its benefits without sounding like a long advertisement.

At the end of the article they will post my website, email and picture so I think that is advertisement enough--so I want the article to just be clean and full of useful information, not a bunch of self-promotion.

This weekend, with extra time on my hands, I hope to get the article squared away and have a few friends read/proof it before I submit it.

I am really excited and thankful for a fabulous and *free* marketing opportunity but a little nervous about putting the article together.

Anyway, any ideas or angles on this would be great--since most of my friends and family don't know much about Reiki, I would be interested in knowing what kind of informative article on Reiki would interest them? What to focus on?

In other news...little Bo-Bo is going to be my other focus this long weekend because we're starting from almost square one on the housebreaking. Long story on this one...but carpet feels so much like his puppy pads and grass that he seems to think anywhere there is carpet it means he can pee! So, I will be focusing on fixing that incorrect belief. But, he's still adorable.

Yes, I am that girl--the single chick who is in love with her dog. So what? It makes me laugh, actually, because I always thought I would be married by my early twenties, well, God had other plans, and so in the meantime I have my own little family of two animals (cat and dog) But, like I've said so many times before: that's all. I will not be the crazy animal lady with all the animals.

There will be lots of time for a husband and a family, but *after* I get my degree...so I'm enjoying life for what it is now. After all, that is all there really is...tomorrow never comes, actually, it's only today. "Now is your only place of power."

Very philosophical, I know.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hi Nancy! I love blog comments, so it was great receiving yours. It linked me to your blog, so I can stay connected to you this way as well!

I'm jealous that you have the opportunity to write something and get it published. I would love to do that! I'd also love to read your finished piece. Good luck!