Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The elusive Kong Time


Months ago I came across this *fabulous* invention created by the makers of Kongs (those indestructible doggie toys that you put treats in)--a Kong Time. Well, I kept the idea of buying one on the back burner. Since I now live nearly an hour a way from the office (by light rail and walking) my little Beau (aka Bo-Bo) is home alone a lot more. Well, he does have the company of my sweet cat, Aria, however, he chases her more than he plays with her.

So, Beau has gradually gotten more frustrated with my 5 day a week long absences from home (11 hours!) and started to entertain himself with destroying numerous pillows which was followed by my couch. Ack! I eventually created a barricade of sorts, so the couch has survived (although I had to do some repairs...thank goodness I can kinda sew). However, Beau is still a bit bored. The Kong Time is supposed to help that issue. Here is the official description of what it does:

"KongTime automatically dispenses food-filled Kong toys while you are away. KongTime entertains your dog and gives your dog something to look forward to. We call it Doggie Day Care in a Box; don’t be surprised if your dog starts handing you your briefcase in the morning."


And a video to show you how it works: CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Brilliant idea, right? So, I finally decide I will dish out the $150 for the thing and low and behold...it's been discontinued! Yes, they no longer make it! So begins my search. Every online outlet that had them in stock is suddenly out of them --like there was a mad rush to buy them once they stopped making them. Next stop: Ebay. I bid on one and, blast! I was outbid! Now I can't seem to find one anywhere. What to do? Any ideas? Help! I guess I will have to figure out another solution in the meantime. I *do* plan on moving back downtown after my lease is up...however, that is not until January.

Blah.

No comments: