Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And so it begins...


Well, today was "day 1" of training for the Denver Marathon (although I will only be doing the 1/2 marathon portion). I managed to drag my co-worker into training for it with me. I, being so smart, know that if you have someone to "buddy-with" I will be more likely to accomplish my goal.

So, this morning, at 6:15 AM (mind you, I got up at 5:45 AM...ick) I headed over to Cassie's house (the above mentioned co-worker/friend) and we ran. We had our goal set for 2.5 miles, most of which took place in City Park, and we did make the distance, although, not running the whole way. I think we ran a little over a mile. At least we tried. We have months to go anyway....it was an effort to get up that early and do it, so I'm proud I survived it.

We plan on training on our own a few times a week and meeting up once a week like this morning until we get closer to the race---then we'll up the training time together.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, they say it takes 21 days to cultivate a habit, so in 20 more days getting up at the butt crack of dawn will seem like normal. Well...at least you'll be used to it.

Good luck with the marathon. It sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun.