Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Rescue

Never a boring day at work--




Yesterday was our annual office "All-Hands" Party (we forgo the Holiday party in lieu of one after December). So, after work, a group of us were all leaving to head over to the hotel the party was being held at.

We didn't make it very far.

It all started when the elevator button dinged and we all climbed aboard. There were 12 of us total. 11 of us were already packed in and then we moved a bit to let victim number 12 aboard---after which I said, "Well, let's hope we don't get stuck"

The elevator gods must have heard me and laughed.

We cruise down 29 floors and right between the plaza and lobby level our elevator car screeches to a halt. We all freeze---for a moment we're puzzled. Next, we start getting a bit nervous as the elevator does not move. So, we do what any other technologically advanced group of engineers (and me & my friend, Cassie who is an accountant) does---whip out a cell phone and personally call the Property Management Company.

Long story short---nearly 30 Minutes! later we are rescued by some hot firemen. Seriously, though...there were some total hotties! And I was able to live out my damsel in distress fantasy as I insisted I be pulled out of the elevator (we were below a floor so we couldn't just walk out)by the hottest firefighter (well he was the one helping people out anyway).

It was lovely.

Oh, and we, all equipped with camera phones and digital cameras--took pictures of the event.

So I am posting them here for your pleasure. Don't be alarmed, though..I look horrible in most of them as I was caught mid speech in a few or off-guard. ;-)

Oh, and enjoy the picture of the hot fire fighter--he is the one that pulled me out of the elevator!!!




1 comment:

The Highland Hill's said...

did you ask for his number? you know the super hot fireman? that would be a great story to tell the kids and grandkids...