Tuesday, January 6, 2009


It's official--I'm relocating to a new part of "Denver" as of the end of this month. I put Denver in quotation marks because the place I'm moving to is technically Denver, but all the places around it are listed as Aurora---I think the apartment complex struck up a deal with the postal service to have their address listed as Denver even though it's really Aurora.

Luckily, though, it's just the tip of Aurora and a nice area actually---so hopefully it won't even be an issue.

Anyway, I'm really excited! After over 2 years of living in a freaking closet-sized studio I am now going to be in a nice one bedroom (725 square feet) that even has a large balcony and direct views of the mountains. Oh, and a dishwasher!! Yay!

Here is the link to the place I am moving to: Axis At Nine Mile Apartments

It also has:

- A laundry room on every floor
- A trash shoot on every floor (no need to lug the garbage down the elevator)
- An indoor & out door pool
- Brand new fitness room (in my building, too!)
- Enclosed dog park
- Racquetball & tennis courts
- Billiards & Movie/Common Room
- Wood burning fireplace (in my apartment!!)

I chose this place, too, because it is just a hop, skip and a jump from the light rail (Nine Mile Station, duh) and from there I can catch a train just 3 blocks from my office as well as one that goes to DU. I can also connect to the line that goes to Park Meadows Mall and to the station near my brother's house.

Oh, oh, AND it's near Cherry Creek Reservoir as well as some great bike paths (not that I own a bike, but still...)

It is also caddy-corner to King Soopers-- so I don't necessarily need a car (although I plan on getting one this year...maybe).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a change as I am sure my lovely pets are--we need space--and I hate to admit it, but I'm excited to finally close the door on a bedroom so that my cat, Aria, doesn't jump on the bed in the middle of the night and start attacking my feet.

Here's to a new year and a new place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure if you get a chance to visit the gyms in College Station, they offer great services.