Sunday, January 25, 2009

Moved In---ish

Yesterday was the big day---and thanks to my brothers, some nephews and my folks' help---I was able to get everything moved in---even the animals (how I fondly refer to my cat, Aria, and dog, Bo-Bo). Needless to say--it was not fun, but it was done in time for me to spend a few hours unpacking...


Aria, understandably, was freaked out most of the day and hid in closets and behind other various items. Finally, though, around 7 PM I coaxed her out of her hiding space (er...well, picked her up and took her out of the space) and she has been acting normal ever since.

Bo-bo has been fine---loving all the extra space and growling at people walking by the door. Lovely. Thankfully, the dog-whisperer of Denver (aka Tracy) is coming next Saturday to help with that. I asked my nephews if they wanted to come over to be the guinea pigs--since Bo-Bo seems to like to bark at them soo much. Sorry, guys! He really is sweet deep down somewhere.

As if he knew I was writing about him..Bo-Bo just started barking at the neighbors and their screaming child, went into their apartment next door. So much for making a good impression...sigh.

Anyway, so far so good with the unpacking---starting to find places for most things and found some stuff I haven't seen in YEARS. I am going to donate some clothes and chuck some other unwanted crap I've been hauling around for years--so good work for me!

Tomorrow will be the first day taking the lightrail to work. That will be interesting---I just hope I can get up in time to arrive at the office at a reasonable hour---seeing as I am usually 20 minutes late to work every day as is (don't worry, I stay late to make up the time....;-)) the definition of "on-time" is debatable---but I'm going to aim for being to work no later than 8:10--- what? I'm just so NOT a morning person.

Lastly, I'm SOOOO happy to have more room! Yay!

Here's to a great start to the new year....

No comments: