Thursday, November 13, 2008


This week has been long--I mean just long. And it's only Thursday!! And, I had Monday off! For those of you who DON'T work 9-5--count your blessings on that one.

I think part of the issue is the fact that there is one person in the office that really irks me. I am trying to figure out a way to just let it go--let it be, but haven't found my serenity yet--I am in the process of finding it I suppose. What does someone do in a situation like this and how do you not let that person get to you? I'm all ears.

I'm also a bit overwhelmed: I'm transferring to the University of Denver and have to finish a whole list of items for that. Private schools don't mess around--I have a 3 hour conference--THREE HOURS--next week with the adviser. I have to have letters of recommendation, an essay, and other nonsense. Don't misunderstand me--it will be worth it to graduate from such a prestigious school, but the work in the meantime is a bit annoying. Oh--and don't forget I am still IN school--at Metro State.

So, here is a rundown of what is on my list (above and beyond what I just mentioned) ... maybe I can get some sympathy?

To Do (2 Weeks deadline--roughly--some a bit longer time frame to complete):

-Find Monologue for Acting Class
-Memorize Monologue
-Perform said Monologue
-See Play
-Write 3-5 Page Analysis on Play
-Write 2 10- Page Papers for my Women's Studies Course
-Write 3-Page Paper on a Woman's Event for Women's Studies Course
-Answer 14 questions (each answer at least 1/2 page long) regarding sections of
Women's Studies text.
-Write 3-Page Essay for Native American History Course
-Have All credits from Metro State transferred to D.U.
-Have All credits from BYU transferred to D.U.
-Have All credits for UVU transferred to D.U.

Ick. I will get it done though! Seems a bit daunting, however.

In the meantime, I'm waiting on my website to be up and running for my new business and am finding that it takes effort to get people in the door--and Denver is a pretty forward-thinking city! However, I think with all Reiki practices--you have to gain trust and then they will come :-)

Send good vibes my way, though!

N

1 comment:

The Highland Hill's said...

whats the business you are up starting? owning a business is the only way to go...definitely...9-5 is the worst thing for your health...and for the company...there was a study out that found most people are only good for up to 4 hrs...thats it...so when people work 8 hrs...they aren't being that much more productive...

I guess that's why when you own a business I can only really work 3-4 hrs a day...maybe 3-4 days a week... :)

Much success and if there's anything I can assist you on with your new business let me know...

I run:

www.impactinstallations.com
www.pounds-and-inches.com
www.grnworldtravel.com