Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Count Your Many Blessings Name Them One by One..."


Okay, so I've been in a weird mood this past weekend. Friday was my 28th birthday (please, no need to remind me how close I am to 30--I've heard it a zillion times already!) and on Monday we have the day off from work (our office takes off Veteran's Day but since it was a Tuesday we decided to have Monday be the day to celebrate it to offer everyone a 3 day weekend.)--so I headed to Cheyenne to "chill out" for a few days. It's nice to visit my parents because they essentially take care of me and I can relax. On Friday evening, though, I felt really sick so just went to bed early after I arrived in Chey-town. Saturday was fun--went shopping with Mom and got some cute stuff at Kohl's and Victoria's Secret. Still, went to bed pretty early. Beau has been having the time of his life, though! He loves the big back yard and was litterally running in circles as fast as he could for several minutes at a time. Unforutnatley, he keeps barking at Dad, but I'm working on it.

So, this brings us to Sunday--my last day for visitng as I plan on heading back this afternoon. For some reason I'm kind of down...not because I'm going back to Denver, but in general. In cases like that I think it's a good idea to "count your blessings" so I figured what a great blog entry--broadcast it to the world, right? So here are a few things I'm grateful for:

1. My loving parents--who love me in spite of me :-)
2. My sweet puppy, Beau. Oh, he can be naughty, but he looks cute doing it!
3. Aria--that kittie is a blessing from the heavens
4. A good job--even though it is not a dream job--it pays the bills and I get to work with great people.
5. My own apartment--shelter is a good thing to be grateful for!
6. Obama.
7. An education
8. Friends.
9. The ability to afford braces---perfect smile here I come!
10. Forgiveness--the ability to do it and for others who have forgiven me of my nonsense!
11. And of course--God. Don't know who he is or where he is, but I know he is there.

What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

Reisdorfer Ramblings said...

Happy Birthday! I have too many things I am thankful for but I am thankful for my awesome family! Check out my blog, I need your vote!

Yellow Barn Girl said...

Nancy,
Hey I just found your blog. It's been a while since I entered the blog world. My therapist at my old spa did reiki. I had a couple sessions. It was incredible. I would like to know more about it.

The Little's said...

I'm thankful for food. All kinds. I love to cook, bake, grill, eat and veg all the time. Thanks for the post. I love it!