Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let the Games Begin...

So the date on Saturday went surprisingly well. Even though I was paranoid he would think my thighs were too big (my new obsession)he didn't seem to notice and actually seemed VERY pleased with my appearance. So, Yay! We had lunch and then checked out a bookstore and had some coffee (I had chai)---it was nice. He's definitely a lot more introverted than me...then again, that wouldn't be hard to do. So there were some awkward pauses that I felt forced to fill. He didn't seem to notice, though. We also walked around the 16th Street Mall. In all honesty, I do this all the time since I work around there, but it was nice to do it with someone else other than a co-worker.

Oh, I should mention, he is very cute...which is great, albeit slightly shorter than he said he was--closer to 5'9, but whatever. It's pretty common for men to lie about their height, just like women lie about their weight. :-)

So, eventually he offered me his arm as we strolled down the mall, which was very nice. He had me walk him to his car (a very nice Mini) and we hugged. I'm still unsure of whether or not he meant to kiss me on the cheek or lips, but I turned so he was forced to kiss me on the cheek (I'm taking it slow)! He immediately asked me out on another date and we decided we would figure out the logistics later on.

So, now, the waiting...or as my friend, Ana, said: "Let the games begin!"

Now I am just left wondering: Do I call him? Text him? He hasn't called me yet and I'm not sure if he's the kind of guy who sticks to the rules and waits three or four days before calling or is the kind of guy who wants to make sure I'm interested so he waits for me to call....hmmmm. I think I will just wait. If he is really interested he would call, right? This sucks.

2 comments:

solidgold (a.k.a. our family) said...

Sounds great! Is this the same guy that you posted picture of below?
I hope this whole eharmony thing works for you. It's gotta be tough to find good people to date for anyone.

The Little's said...

I certainly don't miss those days...but things do sound promising! I don't even have any advice on what to do, other than reminding you (as if we need reminding) that all guys are mostly idiots, and almost always clueless. They like to be pursued as much as we do...if I were you, I would do something totally non-threatening and relaxed like a quick message on facebook (or whatever your medium is...) saying that you had a good time and thanking him. Leave out the next date and wait for him to say something. OR...you could get onto my card website and send a cute (free) card thanking him for the nice date. www.sendoutcards.com/tialittle

I know its a shameless plug, but really...cards are great and everyone loves to get one.

Then again, what do I know? I've been out of the game for over 5 years!

(I guess that was a little advice, wasn't it...oh well. Good luck!!)