Monday, April 6, 2009

E-Harmony-??





Like most single people, I have tried on-line dating off and on throughout the years with mixed results. Mostly bad results. The last time I tried it was using Chemistry.com and nothing really came from it. So, I didn't really think I would do it again--I would always get hopeful and then find out that the on-line dating pool had much to be desired. However, I keep hearing about so many people who find their mate on-line---in fact, my friend from work met his wife using match.com years ago. So when I saw the advertisement about E-Harmony offering a free communication weekend I figured, hey, why not.

So, I signed up AGAIN with their service---just for the free portion of course. I didn't want to shell out any money without seeing who was out there. The last time I signed up with E-Harmony I was literally only matched up with truck-drivers and electricians with a few business owners sprinkled in. Seriously. It was hilarious. Obviously, I did not pursue that dating venue for very long.

I was and am hopeful this time. Anyway, I signed up and shockingly, the guys I've been matched up with this time have pretty impressive profiles. Sadly, I can't see any pictures unless I pay for a membership---and you know what, I think I might do it. Hopefully the guys are attractive---I will keep my expectations realistic, but hey, there has to be a couple hot dudes on there.

Let me be clear here, though. I'm doing this as an experiment of sorts. I still feel wary of dating while I'm in school and working, but I'm getting to the point that I think I could be open to someone in my life. Might as well do the on-line thing to test the waters first. Besides, I don't drink and therefore don't go around to bars and clubs trying to meet a guy. This just seems logical.


Stay tuned for what happens next...

No comments: