Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Daily Routine

First off, the picture of Bo-Bo here is only for pure cute-ness value.  It is a classic "Bo-Bo" moment---sitting in his bed--looking a little confused.  Love it.

Anyway, back to the reason I'm posting.  As I was getting ready for work today I had to inwardly laugh at how ridiculous my routine has become.  This is a typical weekday morning for me:


6:15 AM---Alarm goes off---snooze button is hit--annoyed nice dream was so rudely interrupted 

6:20 AM--Alarm goes off-snooze button is hit--trying to recapture that dream

6:30 AM---repeat

6:35 AM---contemplate how much longer I could sleep and still have enough time to get ready

6:38 AM---realize I need to get up NOW if I'm going to get to work at a decent hour.  Push Bo-Bo out of bed (lazy little guy) and we both get up for the day

6:40 AM---Shower---contemplate exactly how many more days I have until I actually have to purchase more shampoo---consider what kind of shampoo I will buy---oooh, that new Pantene Pro-V Naturals looked good--I bet Walgreen's on the Mall will have it...

6:55 AM--emerge from shower---towel off, get dressed

7:05 AM--feed the animals.  Rinse the water bowl out--refill with (filtered) water.  Place back on floor.  Fill new food bowl (Bo-Bo) with 1/4 c. dry dog food (organic of course)--top off with a few tablespoons of wet food.  Place on floor.  Top off Aria's food bowl with cat food

7:07:  Bo-Bo sniffs food...walks away--apparently disgusted.

7:08:  Put together my breakfast of champions---1/2 C. dry oatmeal, 1/2 C. frozen berries, put in Tupperware, place in work bag.  Rinse out and refill my SIGG water bottle.  Place in bag for work.

7:09:  Bo-Bo still has not touched food.  I top it off with some of my dry oatmeal--he comes running to eat.

7:10:  Turn on Alice 105.9, blow-dry portion of hair, clip back, start on make-up, contemplate best way to conceal under eye circles...

7:25:  Almost ready---finish blow-drying hair.  Realize I can't leave door open to bedroom while at work else face a destroyed comforter upon return by Bo-Bo.

7:26:  Go to close door to bedroom, realize Aria is under bed, must get her out

7:29:  Flicky toy is out---trying to entice Aria to get out from under bed.  Bo-Bo thinks the toy if for his entertainment---he lunges around it...I put him in a sit to which he immediately rolls onto his back for a belly rub

7:30: Rubbing Bo-Bo's belly while still trying to coax Aria from under bed.  She is amused--scoots further under the bed.

7:32:  I move Bo-Bo out of the way and manage to get a hold of Aria's middle and pull her out from under the bed.  Bo-Bo immediately tries to jump on top of her....I lift her up and out of his reach---get them both out of the bedroom and shut the door.  I place Aria gingerly on the coffee table

7:35:  Ack!  Have to leave now to catch my train

7:36: Run out the door, saying a prayer asking, no begging that the animals behave themselves while I'm out.

7:37:  Leaving apartment...upon exiting elevator and into lobby little boy grabs onto my jeans---I look ahead and see a big dog---I smile at the boy and coax him over to his mom.  Walking faster now, running late.

7:47: Out of breath, climb into the lightrail

7:48: On the lightrail off to work.  Panting, take a swig from my SIGG bottle.  Glad I brought it!  Headphones on...enjoying the ride.

No comments: