Thursday, May 28, 2009

In other news...

Not too much going on right now, but I will update everyone on what has been going on in my life lately.

So, last day of this quarter is Sunday...hurray! I have opted to not take summer term classes and I think it was a brilliant move on my part. I am ready to have all my weekends back...at least until Fall quarter.

Bo-Bo was sick a couple weeks ago (as my brother would put it, he had "plumbing" problems") but after some meds and some TLC he's pooping like a normal dog. Thank goodness...I was so tired of cleaning up the messes. Eew.

Anyway, I'm still working on him with his behavioral issues...and he is making slow progress...but progress. We went to the off-leash Cherry Creek State Park for a long walk last Saturday and he did great with the other dogs. I did have his backpack on him and kept him on the leash (there are always misbehaved dogs there so it's best to keep little ones on a leash to have control in case something happens). I was very proud of him. Next step in the training process is to have him stay at a daycare that corrects him the Dog Whisperer way and lets him run around with big and little dogs (most doggie daycares separate the small from the big which doesn't help the little ones get used to being around larger dogs and vice verse). Also, I am going to try a bit of positive reinforcement training, too. He is also on the treadmill every morning for at least 20 mins before I go to work. He hates it (the trainer said that's normal for little dogs--they don't like any type of work), but it really helps.




Next on my list in life is to buy a good bike. I live next to a great bike trail of 20 miles! However, you need to drop at least $500 to get something decent...so I may have to wait until my Q2 bonus which probably won't be given until at least July. Hmmm....maybe I can borrow one until then....any offers ;-)?

Okay, that's it for now. Life is good. Work is good. I feel like I need to live more in the moment so I'm working on that, too.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

sorry, i don't think it was me who you met wakeboarding. i cut my hair short last august for the first time.
but i do remember your comment from several months back. i thought i wrote back to you on here. if not, i am sorry. i meant to.
i really appreciate your idea about another Patriarchal Blessing. i am going to look into that.
i am grateful for your love and concern for us. you are very kind. thank you so much.
with love...
leslie *