Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The experiment has ended....

Done. Finished. Kaput. All words describing my once relationship with E-Harmony. I said I would do it for a month as an experiment and my month is done. Good riddance I suppose.

This is the THIRD time I've tried this little matchmaking website over the past 4 or 5(?) years and each time I am so disappointed. I guess I was hoping it would be better ---as they say, "Third time's a charm." Unforutnately, in this case that was NOT true. Oh well. In all honesty, it was kind of a fun little distraction and now I get back to the real world.

As I menitoned before, I didn't do it because I was desperately seeking someone, but rather to test the waters---and the waters (on E-Harmony) are not good. Oh well.

However, I did learn a few things:

1. Most men on e-Harmony are nerdy, overweight or if they are attractive, flakey.
2. As already thought, Denver is a dating wasteland when it comes to men
3. There are a lot more men that are 5'7" or shorter out there---perhaps since I wear heels so often I just "overlooked" them ---haha
4. On-line dating is hit or miss.

So, lessons learned, I suppose. Moving on....but, if you know a hot guy, excuse me a hot, SINGLE guy, under the age of 40 but over the age of 28---send him my way!

:)


And just for fun....

1 comment:

Katie said...

That stinks Nancy. I don't envy your dating situation, although, single life does sound good sometimes- the times that I'm changing poopy diapers, cleaning up throw up, and haven't taken a shower by 4:00 in the afternoon.
You'll find someone- it's all about the timing- it will happen when it's supposed to.